Description of Live Traffic NSW
Live Traffic NSW provides you with real-time information about unplanned and planned incidents that affect your trips in NSW and across borders into QLD, SA, VIC and ACT.
– Incident information for Sydney and Regional NSW including crashes, breakdowns, fires, floods, snow, public events and roadworks.
– Strategically located traffic camera images updated every 60 seconds, which you can save for quick access.
– Ability to check for incidents along a route and save your frequently travelled trips.
– Cross-border incident information from QLD, SA, VIC and ACT.
– Location of fires from NSW Rural Fire Service.
– Local road information in Northern NSW (supplied by myroadinfo.com.au).
Live Traffic NSW aims to help motorists make the best possible travel decisions that will, in turn, contribute to the safe and efficient management of our roads.
Live Traffic NSW is owned and operated by the Transport Management Centre (TMC) which monitors and manages the 18,000km NSW State road network 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The TMC uses advanced monitoring, communication and traffic management systems to respond to and clear traffic incidents as quickly as possible, improve consistency of journey times, and provide customers with quality up-to-date information.
This app also uses data from interstate road agencies (QLD, SA, VIC and ACT), NSW Rural Fire Service, and Northern NSW local roads (myroadinfo.com.au).
We're committed to ensuring that Live Traffic NSW meets the needs of road users in NSW, and your feedback is essential. If you have any ideas, suggestions for improvement or questions about the app, please contact us by using the feedback form within the app.